About the Fraternal Order of Eagles

The F.O.E. was founded in February, 1898 by six theater owners gathered in a Seattle shipyard to discuss a musician’s strike. After addressing the matter, they agreed to “bury the hatchet” and form “The Order of Good Things.” As numbers grew, members selected the Bald Eagle as the official emblem and changed the name to “The Fraternal Order of Eagles.” The women’s auxiliary traces its roots to 1927.

Learn more about the Eagles:


Historic Milestones

Notable History


Social Groups


Visit the main Fraternal Order of Eagles web site

A wide range of F.O.E. logo merchandise is available here.

Leave a Reply